We offer a complete line of high efficiency, stainless steel, above ground oil water separators that will remove nearly all free and dispersed non-emulsified oil and settleable solids from the waste stream.
Our staff of experienced engineers will provide you with an innovative, efficient, and cost effective solution to your oily waste water issues – just give us a call at 800-453-8639
Features of the Oil & Water Separators
- Heavy-duty Stainless steel construction
- Conform to the guidelines of API 421
- Unique Unipack cross fluted media design – reduces size of separator
- 99% oil and solids removal
- Available in a range of capacities to fit different applications
- Solids hoppers and product tanks can be easily added to separators
- Low maintenance costs
- Easy cleaning through removable vapor tight covers
- No moving parts
- No power consumption
- No consumable wearing elements
- No chemicals, absorbent or filter cartridges to remove, replace or dispose of
- Compact size
- Solids storage capability
Water & Oil Separator Technology
The most common approach to the design of oil water separators is to configure parallel corrugated plates that cause the oil droplets to increase in size, thereby speeding the gravity separation process. We use a unique Unipack cross fluted design with an internal structure of interconnecting channels having many crossing points between adjacent plates. This produces enhanced efficiencies in significantly smaller units. Our Unipack construction requires a unit with only 5000 gallons capacity to produce the same yield of a traditional separator unit with 15,000 gallon capacity at a flow rate of 500 gallons per minute.
Our staff of experienced professional engineers are dedicated to providing customers with innovative and effective solutions to the problems of contaminant elimination in waste water to maintaining optimal adherence to established conformance standards and industry best practices.
Coalescing of the oil droplets takes place in three steps:
- Droplets are intercepted by the corrugated plates as the oil/water mixture flows through the separator.
- New droplets coalesce with retained droplets, to make larger droplets.
- Enlarged droplets are released and rise to the surface to be decanted into a storage tank. Since Stokes’ Law calculations are based on a flow of zero velocity through the Unipack plate, a Reynold’s number of less than 500 will ensure optimum separation in an Oil/Water Separator.
Above Ground Oil Water Separator Models & Flow Rate Table
|Model #||Average Flowrate (GPM)||Approximate Dimensions W x H x L (ft)|
|WB-GS-1||3||1 x 2 x 4|
|WB-GS-2||8||2 x 2 x 4|
|WB-GS-3||12||3 x 2 x 4|
|WB-GM-1||6||1 x 2 x 5|
|WB-GM-2||12||2 x 2 x 5|
|WB-GM-3||18||3 x 2 x 5|
|WB-GM-1-1H||12||1 x 3 x 5|
|WB-GM-2-1H||24||2 x 3 x 5|
|WB-GM-3-1H||36||3 x 3 x 5|
|WB-AG-2||60||2 x 3 x 7|
|WB-AG-3||90||3 x 3 x 7|
|WB-AG-4||120||4 x 3 x 7|
|WB-AG-4-1H||150||4.5 x 5.3 x 9|
|WB-AG-5-1H||200||4.5 x 5.3 x 10|
|WB-AG-6||500||6.5 x 5.3 x 12|
|WB-AG-7-HP||900||7.5 x 6.5 x 14|
|WB-AG-8||1250||7.5 x 7.5 x 16|
|WB-AG-10||3000||10 x 7.5 x 20|
|WB-AG-12||4500||12.5 x 9 x 26|
FAQs: Oil Water Separation
- How does the flow process work?
- How do you maintain an oil water separator?
- How does the oil separator remove the oil from water?
- What are the advantages to an oil water separator system?
- What is the difference between a clarifier oil water separator and an oil water separator?
- Why would you choose an above ground oil water separator vs. a below ground oil water separator?
Case Studies: Oil Water Separators
- Case Study of Oil Water Separator w/ Wash/Rinse Sewer Pre-Treat System This project was unique in that it was located in one of the strictest wastewater authorities in the state of North Carolina. [ read full study ]
- Case Study of Truck Services Company Wash Bay – Wash/Rinse Closed Loop SystemThis major truck services company was constructing a new wash bay at their facility outside city sewer limits. [ read full study ]
Are you interested in a below ground oil and water separator? Please visit our below ground oil water separator units page for more information.
» Click here to request more information about this unit.